Sunday, October 9, 2011

First half-day of PT

Today is a big day. Eli has shown many signs that he is ready to make the transition from diaper to potty. Today was our first day. I actually wasn't going to start until Tuesday but some things happened and it started today after church.
We made a family trip to BuyBuy Baby to buy our "supplies" and Eli was really excited to put on his "little kid undies" and use his new potty seat. Brent and I stared at each other and thought, why not?
Hand-picked by Mr. Eli.
So . . . . Day 1:
Potty training started at about 2:00p.m. We escorted him to the bathroom every 20 - 30 minutes with no questions asked. It was more of "Okay. Time to potty" or as Eli says, "Make yellow tee-tee."
He produced some amount of tee-tee everytime he sat on the potty and was very pleased with himself. He only had 2 accidents in which both times happened in Brent's lap at the end of a 30 minute stretch. During both accidents he stopped himself, yelled, "Tee-tee" and finished in the potty.
Now, I know this has only been about 6 hours of training but at this point I'm feeling hopeful. I will post tomorrow and let you know if I feel the same!

In his little kid undies! Doesn't he look excited?
I also can't stop giving him love spanks on his tiny-hiney. It is so dang cute!

2 comments:

  1. It's so fun to give little love spanks on those cute little buns! Cooper is 3 1/2 and still gets them! I just can't get enough!!!! Yay for Eli!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he's so cute!!!!

    Isn't is soooo weird to see their little bottoms without a bulky diaper there? I couldn't resist the tiny-hiney love spanks either.
    :)

    ReplyDelete