The whole year I knew I wanted to do something special for her. She has done so much for us and this is a big birthday. I had thought about a surprise dinner with friends and family, just our little family, trying to rent out a place, etc. It's hard to plan a surprise when you have someone that is very involved in your life. I just knew if we picked a restaurant for dinner she would say "I had that last week. Let's go somewhere else." So we planned a brunch at my house while she was under the impression she was coming over to go shopping.
I had all of my family come over with breakfast goodies to enjoy food, family and celebrate. I think it went over well. We had more than enough food - AND I think my mom was genuinely surprised. Everyone hid then when my mom walked in they jumped out with confetti poppers and yelled "Happy Birthday"
Enjoying Brunch
Thank you mom for being loving, supporting, a fighter, and leader. Here's to another 50 years ;)!







Sweet :)
ReplyDelete