Brent and I have finally completed all of our baby classes -- Birthing Class, Baby Safety/CPR, Breastfeeding and Baby Basics. This is on top of all the books we have read -- What to Expect When Expecting, The Expectant Father, Parenting isn't for Cowards, 1000 Things it Means to be a Dad, The Baby Book, Happiest Baby on the Block and Belly Laughs. Whew, I have not studied and read so much on one topic since college. It also reinforced that I do NOT want to go back for my Master's Degree. Classrooms and homework are not for me!
So with all this preparation I know we still have ALOT to learn, but it will be hands-on learning. We have decided "school's out" and we have read what we can until little Eli gets here and we start rereading all the material again :)
Friday, June 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Way to go! I also did tons of reading during pregnancy. At first I was totally focused on the baby & how he was developing & my diet, etc. But toward the end I was completely focused on the delivery so I completely switched my reading materials. Also, watching Baby Mama & Knocked Up can really prep you as well. Very educational.
ReplyDelete