So we now get to add two new holidays to our calendar - Mother's and Father's Day.I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Brent surprised me with an appointment for an extra long prenatal massage at the Gaylord on Friday afternoon. I was able to leave work early and enjoy an 80 minute massage then take a quick cat nap in the "slumber room" at the spa. If the Gaylord served appetizers or desserts as part of the spa package I could spend all day there!
Saturday we started the first of many classes I have deemed "Parent Boot Camp". This class, Prepared Childbirth, was very informational and amazing to see all the development and coordination of events that must take place in order for a baby to be born. I did have a few flashbacks of 7th grade science class -- The Miracle of Life --but all in all it was great. I think at different points in the class Brent and I both wanted to cry.
Sunday we started by volunteering in the nursery. We had babies and were pleasantly surprised that we knew almost all the little ones. At different points Cadence decided it was time to clean up so she put the lid on the toy box and put it on the shelf. Abby let us know she was ready for a nap by going to the bed and tapping her hands. Lincoln Lasiter wanted to ride in the swing but poor guy's legs kept dragging.
After church we spent time with both moms (future grandmas). We had a great lunch with Brent's mom then grilled out for my mom followed by a jam session on Guitar Hero.
I am sure next Mother's Day will feel much more "real" than this year. It is still all sort of surreal and hard to believe that Eli will be here in about 10 weeks. Pregnancy is just now starting to slow me down between the baby jabs to the ribs, backaches, 3 hours sleep increments and no longer being able to bend at the waist to pick up a majority of objects. I see pictures or will catch my side reflection in a window or mirror and think "Whoa, who is that" or "When did my belly get so HUGE"


Anytime you need to "borrow" Cadence for a reality check I am sure we can find something to do! ;-)
ReplyDelete