I should start off by saying that this is my style of "camping". We had all the adventures of camping with the luxury of a rustic cabin behind us. One day we might have to use the tent but I am not looking forward to it. That might be a father son weekend!
For New Year's Eve we drove up to Broken Bow, Oklahoma with a group of our friends. As always, Eli did awesome on the 3.5 hour drive. It was a little different than our other road trips because we do not have a DVD player in the car for him to zone out. We had to roll-out '80s style and play traditional car games like when we were kids. We sang songs, counted cows, played I spy. It was fun.
At the cabin we went on nature walks, fished, had a campfire and fed wildlife. Eli was in heaven. He loves it outside and having the freedom to roam, pick up sticks, throw rocks, etc was a perfect way to end the year. He loved the campfire, although he did not get to enjoy S'mores. The marshmallows break him out :(. Thankfully, he was just as happy to throw pine cones and pine needles!
New Year's Day baking our biscuits on the fire.
Nothing says party like a chip and tuxedo t-shirt.
Throwing rocks into the river.
Walking down the path with his fishing rod and branch aka a walking stick.
I can't wait to see what 2012 will bring!


Rachel----I saw this show on TV that was either called "Glamping" or just showed all about it. You soooooo need to check it out! It's the most fabulous form of camping I've ever seen! I think you'd love it.
ReplyDelete:)