Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Hangover

This was our first year to really experience Halloween. Since Brent is out of town I decided to have a "Tot or Treat" at our house versus going up to our church. We invited a few of Eli's friends over for a party. Having never trick-or-treated our neighborhood or even been home we didn't know what to expect.
OUR NEIGHBORHOOD IS AWESOME! We had a ton of houses to choose from, neighbors decorated their yards, only premium candy was passed out and best of all the kids loved it. It was very reminiscent of my childhood.
Eli and his little gang of friends
The toddler parade down the street.
Trick or Treat!
Eli was a little apprehensive at first to walk up to a stranger's house (I'm so proud of him), but.....
He got over it!
At the end of the parade a very happy little boy!
After walking the neighborhood we headed back to the house for some ghoulish treats and games. The kids ran around and played as the adults enjoyed each others company.
The party ended around 9:30 and Eli finally decided to eat dinner.

Everyone I know talks about Halloween Hangover where the kids want candy all the time, won't take off their costume, etc.

Eli has already forgotten about the candy but not the costume. He slept in the Woody shirt and wanted to wear it the next day. I accidentally got some Claritin on it so we had to "wash it." The only way that thing was coming off. That's not the end. The costume came with boot cover-ups so he had to wear those out yesterday. We are on day 2 of Halloween Hangover. We will see what's required today. I better go hide the pumpkin full of candy.

1 comment:

  1. We had a blast!!! Audrey forgot about her candy too, but I didn't! It's almost gone ;)

    ReplyDelete