Thursday, April 9, 2009

Twitter rant - Tweet this

I don't know about you but I feel like I am being bombarded with talk about Twitter the last couple of weeks. If I hear another news anchor say he "tweeted" or the Today show talk about "tweeting" I will break something. I even get in on ESPN on how Shaq twitters at half time - maybe he should have focused on trying to make the playoffs.

I read about Twitter a year ago in a magazine and did not understand it. I still don't. It is an over-glorified text message that all of your followers see. What is the fascination with telling everyone what you are doing? And why do people care? And I really can't stand it when I have to hear on the news or the internet that a celebrity tweeted a heart-felt message for casualties to a country they have never heard of. They want people to think they really care; why don't they do something or send money instead of tweeting.

Tweet is not even a real word. The only things that should tweet are little birdies and Michael Jackson when he is singing Rocking Robin. Ohh and by the way Megan Joy (American Idol), what in the world were you thinking when you decided to choose that song to sing. Good riddance.

On Twitter's website, these are the reasons Why you would use Twitter. My response in red.
* Eating soup? Research shows that moms want to know. I strongly doubt my mother wants to know what I am eating at all times.
* Running late to a meeting? Your co–workers might find that useful. If you are my co-worker and you think you can send a Twitter message cause you are running late and you won't call me. Go ahead and turn around because I don't want you at the meeting. And start looking for a new job.
* Partying? Your friends may want to join you. If I wanted you to come I would call and invite you. If I am already at a party and then twitter you that I am here then I never wanted you to come in the first place - it is a half-hearted attempt to make you feel like you were invited.

Sorry about my mind dump and the internal dialogue going on in my head. I would open a twitter account and tweet about this but I would be limited to 144 characters

- Brent

3 comments: